Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Walk with Jesus & Mary during Lent

I started Lent truly with Our Lord this year.  I had to be admitted to the hospital with a blood clot in my left lung.  They had found a few blood clots a few months ago, but this is a new finding.  There is also a mass blocking the large artery. The game plan is that I take Lovenox shots in my abdomen every day for 2 months. Then they would do another arteriogram. They have to get rid of the blood clot to get a biopsy of the mass. They sent me home.  I had to go back to the ER as my chest was hurting and trouble breathing.  They stuck me 15 times trying to get an IV in. The ER physician put a large (14 gauge) needle in my Juggler vein.  They did a VQ test.  It showed no changes. They send me home, I am back 2 days later, then they readmitted me to the hospital.  They did surgery and put in a Portacath Central Line.  So no more problems getting a vein.  There is a terrible risk of getting an infection and I have had MRSA 5 times, so it is in my body.  I just have to be careful.
They are talking about putting me on TPN, nutrition in the vein and give my stomach some time to heal. I have had problems with my feeding tube.  So don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment