Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spiritual Mothers



Even though I'm walking through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose Love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
He will carry me.

Even though I feel so lonely
Like I've never been before
You never said it would be easy...
But You said You'd see me through the storm.




 I'll never forget that I attended a Jesu Caritas Retreat on my first Mother's Day.
The homily was very inspiring.
He spoke of how the Mother/Baby connection to the Creator and Creation.
  What a miracle we are allowed to participate in. 
Before we left, Sister called me into the front parlor.
  She made me promise not to cry.
 She reached behind the door and pulled out 2 roses.
 One tied with a red bow, the other a pink bow. 
 She said to me, "I think all Mothers deserve roses on Mother's Day.
  The rose with the red bow symbolized my Mom. 
The rose with the pink bow, symbolized Annie. 
What a wonderful and sincere gift. 
You do not have to conceive a child within your womb to be a Mother.   

No comments:

Post a Comment