Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Mountain Top

I believe that the Lord called me a deeper union with Him.
I answered that call by entering the Religious Life.
I entered the Nashville Dominicans.
I loved and treasure the time I was there. 

I returned home to care for my father who suffered from Parkinson's
Disease as well as Alzheimer's.  I took care of him for 9 years. 

During the years I started a support group for those interested in Religious Life.
We first met at my home, then held meetings in several Parishes.
I also put a notice in the Georgia Bulletin and in parish bulletins
to take young single Catholic women to St. Cecilia Convent
for their Jesu Caritas Retreats in Nashville.

I invited Religious Communities to come to Atlanta to share about their lives.
Every month we had a different Community. 
 Several members of the group decided to go around the Eastern US
visiting Cloistered Communities as they don't usually leave the Cloister to speak.
I will post links to the Communities.

Blessed be God!  I know the Lord called me to enter the Dominicans. 
He also called me to leave to care for my Dad.  I started traveling to
Nashville each month to attend the meetings for the Lay Dominicans.
I even got to participate in the creation of the Southern Province of
the Laity in New Orleans, LA.  This satisfied my yearning to live a 
Dominican Life. My Profession was held in the Chapel of St. Cecilia
Motherhouse.  

I went to the Mountain Top.  He opened my eyes as well as my heart.
It's an awesome view at the top.

Because I trust in God's Providence, I answered His Call.
It was with the same trust, I surrendered my "fiat," and came home
and led others to that mountain top.

No comments:

Post a Comment